Why are processes important?
They are important because they describe how things are done and then provide the focus for making them better. Also how processes are done controls how successful the outcomes will be. If you focus on the right processes, in the right way, you can design your way to success.
Processes save time, minimizing room for errors and increase overall efficiency.
This, in turn, dramatically improves your business. You can make quicker, smarter decisions, and your team is empowered to collaborate in a more productive and agile way.
A “good process” uses people effectively. It is no good putting all this effort into creating an effective and efficient process, but not making it usable and visible to everyone. Making sure that your process design makes a difference is one of the key challenges for creating good processes.
7 benefits of having good processes in place
- You can do more in less time
- You and Your team can access information to quickly solve problems and reduce downtime
- Compiling with norms/certifications is easier
- It improves the quality of service and increases customer satisfaction
- It’s the best way to ensure that everyone is on the same page and easily onboard new employees
- It reduces business risks & improves the stability of your business
- Finally, 77% of customers who have a good experience with your business, and your efficiency, return to buy again and recommend your businesses to others
What is the difference between a process and a workflow?
A process is a sequence of tasks, workflow is a way to make this sequence more productive and efficient. A process is something that exists to guide customers and employees through the flow of the business intuitively. A workflow is analyzed, planned, modeled, and automated consciously with well-defined purposes.
A workflow application is a software tool that automates the tasks involved in a business process. The workflow application routes data along a predefined path until an item in the process is completed. Tasks in the workflow may include approvals, adding information, or data transfers. Rules within the workflow, are set up to help businesses to manage business processes its required parameters like timelines and to track and report on a high volume of issues or items — customer support issues, sales leads, or project tasks, for example.
Let’s look at the sales process as an example
A sales process is a set of repeatable steps that a salesperson takes to move prospective buyers from the early stage of awareness to a closed sale. Typically, a sales process consists of 5-7 steps: Prospecting, Preparation, Approach, Presentation, Handling objections, Closing, and Follow-up. These steps can be unpacked and placed into a process and workflow to increase the effectiveness in each section of the process, e.g at Success By Design we use attraction marketing to turn our prospects into leads, and then we use a sales funnel to turn those leads into clients. This increases our effectiveness and productivity in reaching more possible clients and turning them into sales and then into return clients.
Here are some time-saving, task management, done-for-you software tools, packed with features and benefits and at low-costs for businesses.
- Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what’s being worked on, who’s working on what, and where something is in a process. Imagine a whiteboard, filled with lists of sticky notes, with each note as a task for you and your team. It has a free option and it well used in many different types of teams to manage tasks, communicate, stay in connect and deliver great products and services to many happy customers.
- Jira is a software is used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. The name “JIRA” is actually inherited from the Japanese word “Gojira” which means “Godzilla”. The basic use of this tool is to track issues and bugs related to your software and Mobile apps. It is also used for project management. I personally used Jira when managing the development of software for financial services when I worked in corporate businesses.
- Teamwork is a project management software that lets you work the way you want and deliver the outcomes that matter. Great for smaller companies (under 50 people), allows for portfolio management. When I worked at an IT company, I used this for project and portfolio management. It integrates with most major SaaS products like Dev Ops, Jira, Trello, etc…
- Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support software that is both feature-rich and easy to use. With multiple support channels available, including live chat, email, phone, and social media, you can help customers through their preferred communication method. Freshdesk integrates with + 150 other SaaS products, to provide simple superior support.
- MissingLettr is an automated social media marketing solution, designed to create strategic, automated social media campaigns that drive traffic for an entire year. At Success By Design, we use MissingLettr and believe in the product and its software team so much, that we have become affiliates.
- SendFox, is an email marketing and landing page Saas product, that allows you to create, schedule, and automate unlimited customized emails to your list of contacts. You can personalize the emails and test them before you send them. Any email program should allow you to create unlimited customized emails that are an extension of your brand. Best of all, SendFox has a once-off price and offers a lifetime deal. The best email marketing product for Solopreneurs and small businesses. At Success By Design, we use SendFox which is made by AppSumo.
- TidyCal, brought to you by the AppSumo team, TidyCal is a scheduling solution that makes it easier to manage your calendar and get more bookings. It’s an alternative to doodle, Calendly & Savvycal. The best email marketing product for Solopreneurs and small businesses. At Success By Design, we use TidyCal as well, it is made by AppSumo and we are great fans of their software and great pricing.
At Success By Design, we design and implement growth strategies, business processes and customer experiences that increase sales, productivity and generates profit in a sustainable way. Are you ready to grow your business and increase productivity and profitability? Learn more about our tools and services by visiting our website.
We think differently, we will turn your business challenges into opportunities, book a 30-minute free discovery call now.
#successbydesign #designthinking #entrepreneurs #productivity #profit #creativity #bossgirlinspirations #linkedin #knowledgeispower #personalbranding #southafrica #Africa #entreprenuer #growthmindset #spreadknowledge
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” Albert Einstein