Good processes provide a way to communicate and apply consistent standards and practices within the business, it helps the employees what needs to happen and creates a path for growth. Good processes save time and increase overall efficiency and take are built around the customer and users’ needs. This, in turn, dramatically improves your business. You can make quicker, smarter decisions, and your team is empowered to collaborate in a more productive and agile way.
A “good process” uses people and technology effectively. The key to a good process is that it meets the needs of the users and customers within as few steps as possible. When technology is added to a process, it will enhance a good process and increase the ineffectiveness of a bad process.
It is no good putting all this effort into creating an effective and efficient process, but not making it usable and visible to everyone. Making sure that your process design makes a difference is one of the key challenges for creating good processes.
7 benefits of having good processes in place
- You and Your team can access information to quickly solve problems and reduce downtime
- Compiling with norms/certifications is easier
- It improves the quality of service and increases customer satisfaction
- It’s the best way to ensure that everyone is on the same page and easily onboard new employees
- It reduces business risks & improves the stability of your business
- Finally, 77% of customers who have a good experience with your business, and your efficiency, return to buy again and recommend your businesses to others
What is the difference between a process and a workflow?
- A process is a sequence of tasks, workflow is a way to make this sequence more productive and efficient.
- A process is something that exists to guide customers and employees through the flow of the business intuitively.
- A workflow is analyzed, planned, modeled, and automated consciously with well-defined purposes.
- A workflow application is a software tool that automates the tasks involved in a business process. The workflow application routes data along a predefined path until an item in the process is completed.
- Tasks in the workflow may include approvals, adding information, or data transfers.
- Rules within the workflow, are set up to help businesses manage business processes with required parameters like timelines and to track and report on a high volume of issues or items — customer support issues, sales leads, or project tasks, for example.
Here are some time-saving, task management, done-for-you software tools, packed with features and benefits and at low costs for businesses.
- PERFEX is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Project Management System. It contains Customer, Quotes, Invoicing, Task Management modules, and more. It also integrates with popular systems e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook, Sage, and More. We provide PERFEX, please contact us for a DEMO or check out our Tutorials on YouTube.
- Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what’s being worked on, who’s working on what, and where something is in a process. Imagine a whiteboard, filled with lists of sticky notes, with each note as a task for you and your team. It has a free SaaS product, and it well used in many different types of teams to manage tasks, communicate, stay in connect and deliver great products and services to many happy customers.
- MissingLettr and Postoplan, they are both automated social media marketing solution, designed to create strategic, automated social media campaigns that drive traffic for an entire year. At Success By Design, we use MissingLettr and Postoplan, believe in these products and their software teams so much, that we have become affiliates.
- SendFox, is an email marketing and landing page Saas product, that allows you to create, schedule, and automate unlimited customized emails to your list of contacts. You can personalize the emails and test them before you send them. Any email program should allow you to create unlimited customized emails that are an extension of your brand. Best of all, SendFox has a once-off price and offers a lifetime deal. The best email marketing product for Solopreneurs and small businesses. At Success By Design, we use SendFox which is made by AppSumo
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” Albert Einstein