Not every Learning Management System is an eLearning Platform capabilities and vice versa. In this article we compare both and share with you which one provide to our clients and why.
What is a Learning Management System?
A learning management system is a software application that manages educational courses, training programs, and learning and development programs through administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation, and delivery. A Learning Management System is also known as an (LMS)
What is an Online or eLearning Platform?
An online learning platform is a collection of interactive online services that provide information, tools, and resources to trainers, students, and anyone involved in education in order to assist and improve education delivery and management.
Why is a learning management system (LMS) and eLearning platform useful in education and business?
Educators and Training Providers can use an LMS to consolidate these resources for students, eliminating the need for numerous logins. The platforms also act as a portal for students to view assignments and grades, which can assist them in better managing their own learning.
What advantages does an e-learning system provide?
For Students, Educational Institutions and Training Providers, the Most Important advantages Of eLearning
- One central location for eLearning material to be accessed, stored, and managed
- Quick access To Up-To-Date Content
- Customizable Lesson Delivery, you can allow participants to move through the learning material at their own pace, based upon completion of certain steps like quizzes or assignments and/or drip-feed learning as the training requires.
- Scalability, it is now as easy to teach 20 students online, as it is to teach 10 000 students online
- Consistency as having recorded teaching sessions you provide the same message to all students on the course
- Lower Costs with little to no money spent on venues, travel, or missed work, learn on your own schedule and at your own pace
- Effectiveness as eLearning allows for replaying training videos- so you never miss anything and, different ways of quizzing, access to forums to engage with fellow course participants, and one-to-one assistance from trainers or lecturers at an unrushed classroom pace
Examples of Software of eLearning and Learning Management Systems are Udemy, Teachable, Thinkific, Learn World, Digemy, and Learn Dash
No longer do you need to spend money on travel, book venues, and ask anyone to take notes if you miss a class, so many benefits for both the Student, Educator, and Trainer.
Who uses eLearning platforms?
The 5 Growing Industries Using eLearning Today
- Computer And Information Technology
- Retail And eCommerce
Why has Success By Design chosen to Offer Learn Dash as its eLearning Platform and LMS solution to its clients?
Learn Dash is both an eLearning Platform and Learning Management System (LMS)
- It allows for both blended and fully automated learning to take place
- It’s considered one of the best WordPress plugins with a large database of users worldwide and an active community for support
- Over the years, the platform has moved from strength to strength
- It’s a highly customisable platform that has a strong development team behind it
- Its packages and price points are very attainable for both Education and Training Providers as well as Software Service providers
Why work with Success By Design?
- We offer a Done-for-You set-up service. This way you don’t have to worry that learning how to use the system will slow down being able to start your online business. We will upload your videos, build your LMS and courses out, at the onboarding stage, create your quizzes and advise you on how to overcome the drawbacks of e-learning with students. We set you up for success.
- We provide advice on e-course and video creation and access to editors.
- We provide all the training and support you need to use the LMS and will customize it as you fit into your business.
- We provide continuous support and guidance on how to improve your business and your e-learning platform. We manage the LMS for you so that you can focus on growing your business.
- We value our customer relationships and work with our customers on their business as your success is our success
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela