Facebook retargeting ads are a powerful advertising feature on the platform for Small Business Owners. They enable Small Business Owners to communicate with users who are already familiar with your brand, whether through an existing customer list or activity on your site captured by a tracking pixel.
People are more likely to buy if they interact multiple times with your business because people need to recognize and trust a business before they can buy from them.
What Do Facebook Retargeting Ads Mean?
Retargeting ads on Facebook allow you to reconnect with users who have previously interacted with your brand in some way (on or off Facebook).
This includes users who have the following:
1. Provided you with their email address as a lead or customer
2. Liked or interacted with your Facebook page in some way
3. Participated in a Facebook Event
4. Viewed a certain number of your on-platform videos (ad videos included)
4. Interacted with your application
5. Visited specific pages of your website or performed specific actions on it
6. Interacted in some way with your Instagram Page
7. Look-a-like Audiences
HOW TO DO RETARGETING ADS ON FACEBOOK? You can create custom audiences for each of the above criteria by going to your business manager’s “Audiences” tab. Create a custom audience and select who you want to retarget.
These ads can also assist you in developing more complex and targeted ad funnels that are more likely to convert.
Why should every Small Business Owner be aware of Facebook retargeting advertisements?
Small business owners should consider using Facebook retargeting ads for several reasons:
• Retargeting ads allow you to RECONNECT with warm audiences, and this can result in higher conversion rates and lower cost-per-click averages than other types of ads.
• Increased brand awareness: Retargeting ads enable you to show your ads to people who have previously expressed an interest in your company. This can assist in increasing brand awareness and reminding people about your products or services.
• Better ROI: Because you are showing your ads to a more targeted and engaged audience, retargeting ads tend to have a higher conversion rate and lower cost per conversion than other types of ads.
• More control: You have more control over who sees your ads and when they see them with retargeting. You can create retargeting lists based on specific actions people take, such as visiting your website or interacting with your app.
• Easier to measure: Because you can see how people who have been retargeted compare to people who have not been retargeted, retargeting ads make it easier to measure the effectiveness of your ad campaigns. This can help you identify what is and isn’t working in your campaigns and adjust them accordingly.
Retargeting ads can be a valuable tool for small business owners looking to reach a more targeted and engaged audience while increasing the ROI of their ad campaigns.
What role does content marketing play in retargeting ads?
Content marketing can be used in retargeting ads in a variety of ways, including:
• Retargeting ads can be used to promote previously created content such as blog posts, articles, or videos. This can help to increase traffic to your website and engagement with your content.
• Retargeting ads can be used to promote content upgrades, such as ebooks or webinars, to people who have previously expressed interest in your company.
• Retargeting ads can be used to promote lead magnets like free trials or demos to people who have previously expressed interest in your products or services.
• Retargeting advertisements can be used to promote special offers or discounts to people who have previously visited your website or interacted with your content.
Content marketing and retargeting can work well together to create trust with new and potential customers and drive traffic, generate leads, and increase sales. You can reach a more targeted and engaged audience and drive more value from your marketing efforts by promoting your content and offers with retargeting ads.
PRO TIP: Don’t Forget About Lookalike Audiences!
The goal of retargeting is to reconnect with users who are already familiar with your brand. However, once you’ve successfully set up retargeting campaigns that are bringing in high-value customers, you can expand on them.
Lookalike audiences can be derived from high-value custom audiences. Because Facebook’s algorithms are truly exceptional, they will search for users who are most similar to your high-value customers and discover new users who are similar. This is an excellent play for reaching out to new cold audiences.
To make a lookalike audience, go to your Audience Manager and select “Create Audience.” Choose “Lookalike Audience.” Overall, retargeting ads can be an effective tool for raising brand awareness and providing useful information to potential customers. You can help improve customers’ knowledge of your company and drive more value from your marketing efforts by using retargeting ads to promote relevant content and offers.
If you are just starting with Facebook ads, its easy, here are the steps you need to get you started. Go for it! Facebook has some very smart algorithms running to help you create your own ads and find the right audiences for them.
How to create a Facebook Ads account:
• Go to the Facebook Ads website (https://www.facebook.com/business/ads) and click the “Create” button.
• Sign in to your Facebook account, or create a new one if you don’t have one.
• Choose the type of account you want to create: a business account or a personal account.
• Enter your business name and contact information.
• Click “Create Account.”
• After you create your account, you can start creating your first ad campaign. You can choose from various ad formats, such as images, video, and carousel, and customize your targeting, budget, and other settings to reach your desired audience. You can also use Facebook’s ad targeting tools to narrow down your audience by demographics, interests, and behaviours.
Now, you MUST HAVE a Facebook pixel. A Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you place on your website to track visitors and their activities. The Facebook pixel can be used to track events such as when someone makes a purchase or subscribes to a newsletter. This information can then be used to create custom audiences and conversions for your Facebook ads.
To create a Facebook pixel:
Go to your Facebook Ads Manager and click on the “Pixels” tab.
• Click on the “Create a Pixel” button.
• Give your pixel a name and click “Continue.”
• Follow the on-screen instructions to install the pixel code on your website. There are several ways to install the pixel, including adding it directly to the code of your website, using a tag manager, or using a plugin for your content management system.
• Once the pixel is installed, you can start tracking events on your website and use these events to create custom audiences and conversions for your Facebook ads.
You may need to wait a few hours or even a few days before you can start using the pixel to create custom audiences and conversions.
For your first few ads, I recommend that you BOOST A POST
How to boost a Facebook post?
To boost a Facebook post:
• Go to your Facebook Page and find the post that you want to boost.
• Click on the “Boost Post” button in the bottom right corner of the post.
• Select your target audience, budget, and duration for the boost. You can choose to target your boost by location, age, gender, interests, and other factors.
• Start with a small budget and run the ad for a few days, like 4 days.
• Review your boost details and click “Boost” to confirm.
• Monitor the performance of your boosted post and make any necessary adjustments to your targeting or budget.
If you are thinking of using Facebook ads and retargeting ads, but don’t want to do it yourself, as a safeguard, we suggest that you still create your own Facebook ads account, so that you ultimately control of it and then invite the Digital Marker to be an admin on your Facebook account. This way, all resources and data collected during this time stays in your control and you can change digital markers and not lose out on the data gathers, performance history and learnings.
How to add an admin to your Facebook ads account?
• To add an admin to your Facebook Ads account, follow these steps:
• Sign in to your Facebook Ads account.
• Click the three lines in the upper left corner to access the main menu.
• Click “Business Settings” in the bottom left corner of the menu.
• Click “People” in the left menu.
• Click “Add” in the top right corner.
• Enter the email address of the person you want to invite as an admin.
• Select the “Admin” role from the drop-down menu.
• Click “Add.”
• The person you invited will receive an email with instructions on how to accept the invitation and access your Facebook Ads account. Please note that they will need to have a Facebook account in order to accept the invitation.
Overall, retargeting ads can be a powerful tool for increasing awareness, sales and providing valuable information to potential customers. By using retargeting ads to promote relevant content and offers, you can help improve customers’ knowledge of your business and drive more value from your marketing efforts. Feel free to contact us if you would us to help you with Facebook marketing.
How to make a post on Facebook that will bring in customers:
• Use a catchy headline. Use a headline that gets people’s attention and makes it clear what your post is about. This will help grab your audience’s attention and make them want to keep reading.
• Add an image that looks good. Use a high-quality image that goes with your post. This will make your post more interesting to read and look at.
• Use a “call to action” to encourage your audience to do something, like visit your website or buy something. This can help you get more conversions and make your post work better.
• Make sure your post is easy to read and understand. Keep it short and to the point. Don’t use too much text or technical language. Instead, focus on the most important things you want to say.
• Get your audience interested: Respond to your audience’s comments and questions, and ask them to share your post with their friends and followers. This can help your post reach more people and get more attention.
PRO TIP: Think like a customer! Make the type of post that makes you want to interact with a business.