How to set up your website and go digital on a small budget
As entrepreneurs, we need to as cost-efficient as possible and we need to ensure we have the right channels set up to reach our customers. In these Pandemic times, we need to have a website up, social media accounts, email list, etc. This gets expensive and for most of us, it’s not the business we are in.
At Success By Design, we provide business consulting and training services for small businesses to help them scale their business by aligning the business strategy with the customer and user experience. A big part of this is a digital presence, as a small business we run all our digital services on a budget, and to help you do it, we created a Youtube video giving you an overview of how to create a website on a small budget if you are the non-technical person/ not a website developer.
WordPress, Wix, and many other website builders make it more than possible to easily create and run websites.
See our YouTube Video here for a behind-the-scenes look at what we use to run our website.
Here are some key software applications/plugins we use as well (some of these links affiliate)
- As we are based in South Africa, we use Xneelo, as our hosting provider.
- Other host providers are Siteground, GoDaddy, etc, check what’s available in your country
Key WordPress Plugins for us
- Elementor https://my.elementor.com/
- WPRocket https://wp-rocket.me/?ref=2d84afcd
- Rank Math https://rankmath.com/
- WooCommerce https://woocommerce.com/
- LearnDash https://www.learndash.com/
Key non-website digital tools for us are
A quicker explainer on these tools:
- WordPress is a free and open-source content management system written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes
- An Internet hosting service is a service that runs Internet servers, allowing organizations and individuals to serve content to the Internet. There are various levels of service and various kinds of services offered. A common kind of hosting is web hosting
- Xneelo Ltd [formerly Hetzner Ltd] is a web hosting company based in South Africa. It was sometimes called Hetzner South Africa to distinguish it from the German partner company Hetzner Online GmbH.
- SiteGround is a web hosting company founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria. As of January 2020, it provides hosting for about 2,000,000 domains worldwide. It provides shared hosting, cloud hosting, enterprise solutions, email hosting, and domain registration.
- Elementor is a Website builder that allows WordPress users to create and edit websites by employing the drag and drop technique, with a built-in responsive mode
- WP Rocket is a premium cache plugin for WordPress. WordPress experts recognize it as the most powerful caching tool. … WP Rocket caching ensures websites will load blazing fast, which is essential to improve SEO rankings and increase conversions.
- Rank Math is a Search Engine Optimization plugin for WordPress that makes it easy for anyone to optimize their content with built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices.
- WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress.
- LearnDash is a WordPress learning management system (LMS) trusted by companies, universities, training organizations, and entrepreneurs worldwide for creating (and selling) their online courses. … Quizzes can be assigned to a Course, Lesson, or Topic
- Crello is a video and graphic design tool for everyone – it will help you create visuals for social media in just a few minutes (be it a post, video Story, or an ad), design a business card or a flyer, create marketing collateral for print, social and blogs, as well as create long-form content like presentations
- Canva is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content. The app already includes templates for users to use. The platform is free to use and offers paid subscriptions like Canva Pro and Canva for Enterprise for additional functionality
- Missinglettr is a new tool that sets up a drip social marketing campaign for your blog posts. Instead of just sharing your latest blog post once, Missinglettr will create a campaign to run for the whole year, dripping out content one message at a time. It’s a big time-saver at Success By Design
- Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and email marketing service
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us. We can help you go digital on a budget and help scale your business so that you are making more money, saving time, and automate as many processes as possible n a cost-effective way. Read more about Success By Design here
At Success By Design, we design and implement growth strategies, business processes and customer experiences that increase sales, productivity and generates profit in a sustainable way. Are you ready to grow your business and increase productivity and profitability? Learn more about our tools and services by visiting our website.
We think differently, let’s turn your business challenge into an opportunity. Book a 30-minute free discovery call now.
#successbydesign #designthinking #entrepreneurs #productivity #profit #creativity #bossgirlinspirations #linkedin #knowledgeispower #personalbranding #southafrica #Africa #business #leadershipdevelopment #growthmindset #spreadknowledge