25% of Customers think people are better at answering a variety of questions, comprehending difficult situations, and they can “understand me” better; consumers say humans are better at answering a variety of questions, understanding complex situations, and they can “understand me” better; however human service is not always consistent from customer to customer.
And that’s why 75% of Consumers feel chatbots are superior as they do provide information, consistent service, and they are available 24 hours a day, eliminate hold times, and route calls to the appropriate team quickly.
What is an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot?
AI chatbots understand and respond to humans using natural language understanding, natural language processing, and natural language production. Machine learning, a feature of AI that makes bots smarter over time and with use, is used by AI chatbots.
- Chatbots are programs that run on your website.
- They help clients navigate from point A to point B, so the customer has the best customer experience.
- They can be used to gather contact info from customers.
- They can make special offers to customers without buying.
- They can manage a customer query or log a complaint
Will they work in my business?
While live chat is great, however one of it’s limited is capacity… Also, unless you have an advanced program, which is usually a paid service, your chat service can only be activated upon a customer request, instead, an AI chatbot can activate an interaction with a customer if they are about to leave your sales process, maybe just before they checkout.
Think of it like this: your website is your actual physical store. A customer walks into your store and you only interact via the Facebook or WhatsApp free chat service, a customer starts the interaction.
However, with an AI chatbot, it knows the customer is in the store and it can start an interaction, whenever designed to, and even greet the customer upon arrival, as if in the store.
Yes, according to studies, over 50% of customers expect a business to be available 24/7.
Chatbots Increase Sales By 67% (source Forbes Nov2019)
Chatbots can answer thousands of questions at the same time.
Will Customers adapt? Yes, 67% of global consumers have already had an interaction with a chatbot over the last 12 months
According to figures from Invespcro and shows just how widespread chatbot use is. (Source: Invesp)
The Chatbot itself only works as well as its design allows it to, so the questions you should be asking is
- Who programmed the bot?
- Is it enhancing the customer experience?
- Is it relatable and does it represent your brand well?
- Is it achieving its goals, and if not why?
Michael Webb of Stanford University, has devised a new way for estimating the impact of AI on jobs: He discovered that “AI exposure is highest for high-skilled occupations, suggesting that AI will affect very different people more so than software and robots,” concluding that “high-wage occupations are relatively more exposed to AI than low-wage occupations” by matching patent applications with job descriptions. The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Labor Market
At Success By Design, all our AI chatbots are designed and tested by us (this is one software service we do not outsource), as we have over 10 years of experience in designing customer experience and employee processes to increase sales, productivity, and improve customer experience. Chatbots can add directly to the bottom line, so the chatbot designer needs to have a high skill level to ensure delivery.
I already have a live chat option, can I still have an AI chatbot?
- Yes, an AI Chatbots and Live Support can both be activated for service on a website or customer portal. However it is not something we would recommend, as humans tend to slow the productivity down, best practice is not to overlay processes, instead blend or integrate the services through a ticketing service or if you are a smaller business, an email service.
- As Artificial intelligence(AI) provides instant answers to thousands of customers at the same time and your human resource capacity may not be able to match service levels all the time.
- You and your employees can be doing other work, while the chatbot provides sales or customer service to the customer on your website, thereby increasing your productivity and lowering your servicing costs by up anywhere between 30%-80% depending on your business.
- AI chatbots are designed, to be as friendly, spunky, or serious as the client wants and are excellent for maintaining a consistent brand image and as they are consistent in their interactions.
- They reduce the number of employees needed to support customers and increase the speed to service for customer care queries
- When added into the Sales process, they increased sales by 67% (Forbes, Nov 2019)
According to Business Wave’s 2020 CX Transformation Benchmark, more than 70% of companies agree that chatbots make it easier for customers to handle difficulties, with 40% saying they will invest in customer-facing AI for self-service in the future.
Thank you for your time, we leave you with some bot humour
👤: Is Santa Claus real?
🐨: Sorry but I wasn’t designed to be a Grinch, so I’m not programmed to answer that question.
At Success By Design we help businesses increase sales, productivity and improve customer experience through consulting, and software services. Feel free to contact us to talk about your needs email@example.com. We would be happy to give you a demo of our AI chatbot